What Are Some Dos And Don’ts If You Experience Water Damage In Your Business?
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should always be safety first. If the flooding is extensive, you need to ensure it's safe for everyone to stay in the building; water damage can create dangerous structural issues. As everyone knows, electricity and water are a bad combination, so that's another thing to watch out for. When moving about the premises, you will want to guard against slip and fall accidents.
You may decide to begin cleaning up the mess yourself, but please keep in mind that wet materials can be far heavier than they are when they are dry. Know your limits, and only do what you know you can do safely. Engaging the help of a restoration specialist like SERVPRO can be a wise choice that will allow you to avoid unfortunate accidents. We can be onsite at your Walker commercial location right away to start your water damage recovery process.
What Are Some Steps I Can Take If My Clay County Business Is Affected By Water Damage?
Some "dos" when handling water damage to your commercial location:
- Do remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Do wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Do remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Do place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Do turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Do remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Do gather up loose items from floors.
What Are Some Tasks I Need To Avoid When Managing Water Damage At My Commercial Location In Clay County?
Here are some definite "don'ts" to be mindful of while recovering your property from a water damage event:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use computers or other appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg is here to help you with emergencies and disasters of all types and sizes. In addition to water damage, we handle fire damage, mold remediation, odor removal and deodorization, biohazards, and more!
This franchise is independently owned and operated. We are located in Orange Park, Florida and here to help in North Clay County businesses and homes. 904-861-8870 is the easiest way to get in touch with us.